SIGNS OF PROBLEM GAMBLINGIs your gambling causing problems for you or others around you? The following signs may indicate a problem:
- Spending more money and time on gambling than you can afford;
- Finding it hard to manage or stop your gambling;
- Having arguments with family or friends about money and gambling;
- Losing interest in usual activities or hobbies like going out with friends or spending time with family;
- Always thinking or talking about gambling;
- Lying about your gambling or hiding it from other people;
- Chasing losses or gambling to get out of financial trouble;
- Gambling until all of your money is gone;
- Borrowing money, selling possessions or not paying bills in order to pay for gambling;
- Needing to gamble with larger amounts of money or for a longer time to get the same feeling of excitement or buzz;
- Neglecting work, school, family, personal needs or household responsibilities because of gambling;
- Feeling anxious, worried, guilty, depressed or irritable.
RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING – YOUR OPTIONS
Tote Ireland wants all it’s customers to enjoy betting with us. To ensure that remains the case we provide various options to our customers to ensure they stay in control of their gambling at all times. We offer options to do this ranging from enabling you to set a limit on your deposit amounts up to full self-exclusion where you will be unable to bet with Tote Ireland for a minimum period of 6 months.
The following options are available to customers:
Deposit limit – Please specify the limit and the time period for which it will apply. You may specify any amount and any time period, e.g. please impose a maximum deposit limit of €500 per day/week/month.
Self-Exclusion- You specify the period for which you wish to self-exclude (minimum 6 months up to maximum of 60 months) e.g. please impose self-exclusion on my account for a period of 12 months commencing immediately. Note : Self exclusion requests take immediate effect and will be implemented within 24 hours by Tote Ireland.
In order to impose a restriction on your account Tote Ireland require that all customers complete and submit a Responsible Gambling agreement which explicitly sets out the restrictions you would like Tote Ireland to put in place on your behalf. This form is located here.
MORE ON SELF EXCLUSION
On request, Tote Ireland will close any customer's account(s) for a minimum period of six months and for any period up to 5 years. During the agreed period of time the customer will not be able to place any bets nor will the customer be allowed to revoke the agreement. Tote Ireland will remove the customer's name from our mailing and marketing lists and will do everything it can to prevent a new account from an excluded customer from being re-opened during the period of self-exclusion.
The implementation of a request to self-exclude will be confirmed via receipt of the signed Customer Responsible Gambling Agreement. This confirmation will include specific information on the process and the consequences of self-exclusion, including the following:
- the minimum self-exclusion period offered is of a duration of not less than 6 nor more than 12 months
- any self-exclusion may, on request, be extended for one or more further periods of at least 6 months each
- a customer who has decided to enter a self-exclusion agreement is given the opportunity to do so immediately without any cooling-off period. However, if the customer wishes to consider the self-exclusion further (for example to discuss with problem gambling groups), the customer may return at a later date to enter into self-exclusion
- at the end of the period chosen by the customer, the self-exclusion remains in place for a further 6 months, unless the customer takes positive action in order to gamble again
- where a customer chooses not to renew the self-exclusion, and makes a positive request to begin gambling again during the 6 month period following the end of their initial self-exclusion, the customer is given one day to cool off before being allowed access to gambling facilities. The contact must be made via telephone or in person
- notwithstanding the expiry of the period of self-exclusion chosen by a customer, no marketing material should be sent to them unless and until they have asked for or agreed to accept such material.
If you wish to restrict access to gambling sites on your PC, laptop or mobile device here is a list of software providers.
GamBlock is software which blocks access to gambling websites. When a gambling site is detected the browser is shut down and a warning message is displayed. Gamblock is also available for mobile and tablet. GamBlock is available at www.gamblock.com
Betfilter is anti-gambling software which blocks access to gambling websites, when you select a gambling website it does not allow the website to open and displays Page Not Found. Betfilter is available at www.betfilter.com.
Net Nanny helps you control what can be viewed through your internet browser and is also available for mobile. Net Nanny filtering also software protects children from inappropriate web content and is available at www.netnanny.com
Please note that Tote Ireland Limited takes no responsibility for the performance or quality of the software suggested on this page but not supplied by ourselves.
PARENTAL CONTROLS AND UNDERAGE GAMBLING
You must be over 18 to register or use this Site. Tote Ireland reserves the right to request proof of age and identity documentation from any customer at any time.
Our efforts must be complimented by user behaviour so we ask that if young people have access to a computer with Internet access, you take care to keep your username, password and deposit details confidential and ensure to log out of your Tote Ireland account.
There are also a number of internet filtering software which can be installed on your computer to protect minors. Such software provides the ability to control content displayed, block websites and set up passwords to prevent gambling websites being available to underage players. Net Nanny filtering also software protects children from inappropriate web content and is available at www.netnanny.com
HELP AND ADVICE
If you feel that you might have a problem with your gambling, we recommend you seek help from the organisations below, all of whom provide free, confidential advice.
- Gamble Aware (Ireland & UK)
Gamble Aware aims to provide the facts about gambling in an accessible manner. They promote responsible gambling only, and support initiatives that help prevent gambling from becoming a problem and minimise gambling-related harm.
Helpline IRE: 1800 753 753
- Gamblers Anonymous (Ireland & UK)
Gamblers Anonymous (G.A.) is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop gambling. There are no dues or fees for Gamblers Anonymous membership.
Helpline IRE: 01 872 1133
Irish Website: www.gamblersanonymous.ie
UK Website: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
- GamCare (UK)
GamCare provides support, information and advice to anyone suffering through a gambling problem.
GamCare provides a range of online support services, including a confidential NetLine, through to peer-to-peer services including a Forum and Chat/Support room. They also provide a helpline for confidential advice, information and emotional support throughout the UK to anyone experiencing problems with gambling.
Call them on 0845 6000 133, 8am to midnight, 7 days a week.
DEACTIVATION OF YOUR TOTE ACCOUNTIf you wish to deactivate your Tote Account, please call us on 045 491830 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org