Rules for Tote Ireland CustomersTote Ireland can only accept bet types that are made available by the relevant track and for which the appropriate betting pool has been opened.
Tote Ireland will offer the following bet types (where available) with the following minimums:
|Pool||Minimum Unit Stake*||Minimum Total Bet||Minimum Increments||Dividend Declared to||Minimum Dividend|
|Jackpot (Pick 4 Win)||€1||€2||€1||€1||€1.10|
|Pick 6 (Win)||€1||€2||€1||€1||€1.10|
*Please note that local variation to the above may apply i.e. the Breeders Cup may stipulate a €2 minimum unit stake for the Pick 6.
Tote Ireland will refund stakes on any race declared a No Contest by the relevant US track. A simple rule is that when there is a dividend for a bet type declared – then you’re on!
Tote Ireland will refund stakes on certain pool bet types when the amount of runners in a race is less than four.
You may notice on the live viewing service that all dividends from the track are returned to a $2 unit. Tote will declare your dividend to €1 stake.
Bet Types & US racing terms
- Win – Select a horse to win a race.
- Place – Select a horse to finish first or second.
- Show – Select a horse to finish first, second or third.
- Exacta – Select two horses to finish first and second in the correct order. The ‘Box’ option allows the horses to finish in any order but does cost more.
- Trifecta – Select three horse to finish first, second and third in the correct order. The ‘Box’ option allows the three horses to finish in any order.
- The Jackpot/Pick 4 is a pool bet on four selected races at a meeting. Each race that makes up a Pick 4 is referred to as a leg. Selections must win each leg to win the bet. The bet must be placed before the start of the 1st leg.
- Pick 6 - This involves picking the winner in six consecutive races, normally race 3 to 8. If the Pick 6 pool is not won on a given race day, the pool rolls over to the next meeting and so on until it is eventually won.
- M/L – This stands for Morning Line, which is the press estimate of the odds for each horse.
- MTP – This stands for Minutes To Post. As an extra added feature, we include a countdown, telling you how long it is to go before the start of the next race.
Generic Rules for US Wagering1. Tote Ireland will pay track odds upon results as declared by the US Host Track. Only bet types offered by the US Host Track on individual races will be accepted by Tote Ireland. Tote Ireland will refund all moneys wagered on a race that is declared by the US Host Track to be a “No-Contest”.
2. Tote Ireland will refund all moneys wagered on races that due to scratched (non-runners) entrants have insufficient wagering interests remaining to fulfil the requirements of the bet type.
3. Win pools, Exacta pools, and first leg of Double pools offered in contests in which the number of betting interests has been reduced to less than two (2).
4. Place pools, Quinella pools, Trifecta pools, offered in contests in which the number of betting interests has been reduced to fewer than three (3).
5. Show pools, Superfecta pools, offered in contests in which the number of betting interests has been reduced to less than four (4).
6. Tote Ireland will apply the US Host Track’s settlement rules in regard to non-runners, refunds and consolations, these include:
- Known Non-Runners cannot be selected; Stakes are refunded on Win, Place, Show, wagering where the selection(s) is scratched (non-runner);
- Stakes are refunded on Exacta, Quinella, Trifecta and Superfecta, Daily Double wagers that include a scratched (non-runner) selection. In boxed (combination) wagers on these bet types, refunds are made on all elements of the multiple wager incorporating the scratched selection(s), wagers stand on elements of multiple wagers devoid of scratched selection(s);
- Should a betting interest in any of the Pick (n) contests be scratched, the actual favourite, as evidenced by total amounts wagered in the Win pool shall be substituted for the scratched In the event that the Win pool total for two or more favourites is identical, the substitute selection shall be the betting interest with the lowest program number;
- In the event that a Pick bet has no winning totalisator entry, Tote Ireland will pay a consolation dividend as declared by the US Host Track.
7. Tote Ireland will apply the individual US Host Track settlement rules in regard to coupled and mutual fields selections. Coupled and mutual fields selections in the US are treated as a single wagering entry in ALL pools. Should any contestant in a coupled entry or mutual field be officially withdrawn or scratched, the remaining contestants in that coupled entry or mutual field shall remain valid betting interests. If all contestants within a coupled entry or mutual field are scratched, then tickets on such betting interests shall be refunded, notwithstanding other provisions of these rules.
8. Tote Ireland will accept bets up to the closure of wagering at the US Host Track. Bets will be settled based on the published result from the host track.